Essential Oil Home Remedies
Essential oils have been used by mankind for centuries. They are the perfect home remedies because they contain no harmful chemicals.
Our essential oils don't get rancid because they are steam distilled. They contain compounds which resist bacteria growth. Citrus essential oils are cold pressed and they may get rancid within three years of opening your bottle.
Here are some common essential oils and common uses:
- Clove: has been used for years in dental preparations and ability to cleanse the mouth. Clove contains powerful antioxidant properties and supports cardiovascular health when taken internally.
- Frankincense: the most prized and precious essential oil. The Egyptians used Frankincense resin for everything from perfume to salves for soothing skin. It is used to promote feelings of relaxation and to balance mood.
- Helichrysum: this oil is known for its restorative properties to the skin. It is used in anti-aging products for its rejuvenating benefits to the skin and it can help reduce the appearance of blemishes, and it promotes a glowing and youthful complexion.
- Lavender: add a few drops of Lavender to bedding or bottoms of your feet at bedtime and it will help you to relax and prepare for a restful sleep. Taking for an internal use it will help reduce anxious feelings.
- Lemon: is a powerful cleansing agent that purifies the air and surfaces, and can be used as a non-toxic cleaner throughout the home. When added to water, Lemon provides a refreshing and healthy boost throughout the day. Lemon is uplifting and at the same time energizing.
- Lemongrass: has its unique flavor and promotes healthy digestion. It is an ideal oil to use in massage therapy.
- Melaleuca or Tea Tree: leaves of the Melaleuca tree were used by the Aborigines of Australia for centuries. They would apply crushed leaves directly to the skin for a cooling effect. It can be used to cleanse and purify the skin and nails and to support a healthy complexion. When taken internally it promotes healthy immune function.
- Oregano: supports a healthy immune system, healthy digestion and respiratory function. It is a powerful cleansing agent.
- Peppermint: promotes healthy respiratory function, digestive health and clear breathing. Repels bugs naturally.
Want to learn more about essential oils?
Attend One Of My FREE Live Classes!
Every week we have free live and/or webinar classes, with folks just like you joining us from all over the city... and even the world! With topics like "Making Raw Chocolate", "Weight Loss", "Emotional Freedom", these fill up fast!